Tuesday 3 June 2008

The Opening Phase of a game...

One really good feeling is outplaying your opponent in the opening. This is where the foundation for any middlegame masterpiece should be laid. herein I present you with two games.

GAME 1:
my opponent playing black messed up his opening and faced with hellfire in the way of tactical complications buckled and finally resigned on move 18. job well done I thought.


GAME 2:
my good friend playing black accepted a transposition into the kings gambit accepted and me massively excited, borrowed an idea from the Evans gambit and pushed the e4 pawn on move six upon which I got properly THUMPED!!
A masterful sacrifice was unleashed on me and I cracked.



MORAL of the story:
know your openings well and execute them with reason. Chess is not a game of emotions so only borrow ideas from other openings ONLY when absolutely certain it will pay off.
Back to the drawing boards for me till next time.

No comments: